Long time readers already know how much I love Busch Gardens Tampa’s Howl O Scream. It’s kind of like my Christmas every year. (Well, since they are premiering a new Christmas Town event this year maybe I should think of another way to describe it – like…my umm….Happy Pumpkinface Holiday Birthday Bash that Goes to 11? Err…)
But I digress!
@HOSInsider has started tweeting hints about this year’s event. Here is what I have picked up so far:
As for the houses, here is what we know:
– Death Row Vengeance and Deconstruction are going away.
Updated houses are:
– Ultimate Gamble: Condemned:- Vampires have fallen out of fashion, and the casino has been shuttered. But a brave, curious few may still get inside to exploreâ€¦ with only a flashlight to light your way!
– Nightshade Toy Factory: Mutation: Crazed toymaker, demonic teddies and mutants. Mr. Nightshade is back, but in â€œNightshade Toy Factory: Mutation,â€ a radioactive leak nearby has given the toys the power they need to finally take overâ€¦
– Alone: (Upcharge house in which go go through alone or with up to 3 friends.) The deranged Master Alexander Daedalus opened Minotaur Storage to house his vast collection of â€œculturalâ€ remains. But now his sinister obsession with hoarding has expanded to stockpiling people. Escape this lunaticâ€™s labyrinth or you will become part of his collection. Can you make it out Alone?
– Zombie Mortuary: No one remembers how the epidemic started, but now, zombies live here. The undead that infest this small town funeral home feed on the fresh flesh and brains of mortuary mourners to satisfy their insatiable hunger. Avoid the walking dead or you may find yourself deeper than six feet under.
– Nevermore: Beating hearts, swinging pendulums and a ravenâ€™s cries haunt the manor of Lenore, creating a demented and twisted nightmare. Step inside to experience the gothic terror that maddens the lord of the house. and feel delusion overcome reality. Find your way out of this horror story before paranoia authors your final chapter.
– Blood Asylum: As lightning rages and thunder crashes outside, ‘The Creature’ escapes from his holding cell in a high-security asylum for the criminally insane. Now this sadistic deviant is running rampant, skinning his former cellmates and turning the mental hospital into his own torture chamber. This serial killerâ€™s bloody playground will drive you out of your mind with fear.
– Circus of Superstition 3-D: Youâ€™ve been taught to avoid black cats and sidewalk cracks your whole life, but all those years of bad luck caught up. Crazed circus clowns challenge you to survive 13 superstitions in their 3-D Tent of Terror, but it will take more than luck to escape!
– “Faded Memories” will be a new scare zone featuring signature set pieces and props from the classic houses of HOS’s 13-year history, providing the ideal scare situation for some of your favorite HOS characters ever!